- A Divided Ukraine (CNN Interactive)
- Russian Troops Take Over Ukraine's Crimea Region (Associated Press)
- Russia's Goal in Ukraine: Three Possible Scenarios (NPR News)
- Ukraine Crisis: 7 Questions Answered (CBC News)
- Ukraine Crisis As It Happened (The Telegraph)
- Ukraine Crisis: Does Russia Have a Case? (BBC News)
- Ukraine Crisis in Maps (New York Times)
- Ukraine Profile (BBC News)
- Ukraine's Path to Unrest (New York Times)
- What's Going on in Ukraine? An Up-to-Date Guide (ABC News)
- What's Happening Across Ukraine? (Washington Post)
The Choices Program out of Brown University has put together a Teaching with the News lesson the Unrest in Ukraine. In it, students are challenged to research the issue from a variety of perspectives and then consider the challenges facing the international community.
The New York Times' Learning Network has also developed a lesson about Kiev in Chaos. In it, students use a variety of resources from the New York Times to answer a series of questions about the crisis. The lesson has been updated (3/4) to include the latest developments in the region.